AWFJ highlights films made by and about women
Wedesday, August 26
- Taking Woodstock - Focus Features, 120 mins.
Friday, August 28
- The September Issue - Roadside Attractions, 90 mins. - Documentary about Vogue Magazine’s prima fashionista, Anna Wintour.
- The Final Destination - New Line, 82 mins.
- Halloween II - Dimension Films, 101 mins.
- Big Fan - First independent, 85 mins.
- Still Walking - IFC, 114 mins. - Kore-Eda Hirokazu’s feature about a family gathering to commemorate the death of a beloved elder son features an exceptionally strong performance by the family’s matriarch, sister and sister-in-law.
- At the Edge of the World - Endeavor Media, 90 mins.
- We Live in Public - Interloper Films, 90 mins. - Ondi Timoner’s documentary looks at Josh Harris’ million dollar millennium party “Quiet,” which took place at an abandoned NYC loft with 90 Japanese hotel style pods where artists lived, played, worked, and partied under constant camera scrutiny.
- St Trinian’s - NeoClassics Film, 101 mins. - Grils school faced with financial crisis. (POSTPONED UNTIL OCTOBER)
- Play The Game - Play The Game, LLC, 105 mins.
- Orgies and the Meaning of Life - Cinema Epoch, 90 mins.
- This Beautiful City - Cinema Epoch, 85 mins.
- Mystery Team - Roadside Attractions, 105 mins.
- The Open Road - Anchor Bay, 91 mins.