AWFJ highlights films made by and about women:
Wednesday, November 25:
- The End of Poverty? - Cinema Libre Studio, 106 mins., limited
- Kassim The Dream - IFC Films, 87 mins., limited
- Fantastic Mr. Fox - 20th Century Fox, 87 mins.
- Me and Orson Welles - Freestyle Releasing, 114 mins., limited - Screenplay by Holly Gent Palmo and Vincent Palmo Jr.
- Ninja Assassin - Warner Bros, 99 mins.
- Old Dogs - Walt Disney Pictures, 88 mins.
- The Princess and the Frog - Walt Disney Pictures Disney Digital 3-D, 97 mins., limited NY and LA - A femme-centric fairy tale centered on a young girl named Princess Tiana — Disney’s first African-American leading female animated character — who lives in New Orleans’ French Quarter during the Jazz Age.
- The Road - Dimension Films/The Weinstein Co., 119 mins.
Friday, November 27:
- The Private Lives of Pippa Lee - Screen Media Films, 93 mins., limited - Rebecca Miller wrote and directed this drama about a woman (Robin Wright Penn) who escapes the bondage of her unhappy conventional married servitude to discover her own personal path.
- Home - Lorber Films, 98 mins., limited NY - Ursula Meier wrote and directed this dramady starring Isabelle Huppert as a happy housewife who maintains a happy home in the middle of nowhere.