The Alliance of Women Film Journalists is delighted to welcome fifteen outstanding women film journalists as new AWFJ members. They are , in alphabetical order:
- Amy Benfer, New York – Metro NY
- Laura Emerick, Chicago – Chicago Sun Times
- Nikki Finke, Los Angeles – LA Weekly/DeadlineHollywood.com
- Mihal Gartengerg, New York – WKCR/NY1
- Esther Iverem, Washington, DC – SeeingBlack.com
- MaryAnn Johanson, New York – Film.com/FlickFilosopher.com
- Karen Martin, Little Rock – Arkansas Democrat Gazette
- Brandy McDonnell, Oklahoma City – The Oklahoman
- Nell Minow, Washington DC – BeliefNet.com
- Katherine Monk, Vancouver BC – Can West News Service
- Michelle Orange, New York – TheReeler.com/The Village Voice
- Betsy Pickle, Knoxville – Knoxville Sentinel/Scripps Howard News Service
- Amy Taubin, New York – Film Comment/Sight and Sound
- Erin Trahan, Boston – The Independent/New England Film.com
- Sara Voorhees, Albuquerque – KOB-TV
The three new AWFJ Board of Advisors members are:
- Sally Berger – Curator, Film Department, Museum of Modern Art, New York
- Carol Jenkins – Director, Women’s Media Center, New York
- Dr. Martha M. Lauzen, PhD. – Director, Center for the Study of Women in Film and Television at San Diego State University. San Diego
For biographical information about new members please click on their names in the members roster on the right hand side of the screen.
The Alliance of Women Film Journalists, Inc. (AWFJ), a not-for-profit corporation, is an association of professional female movie critics, reporters and feature writers working in print, broadcast and online media, dedicated to supporting work by and about womenboth in front of and behind the camerasthrough intra-group promotional activities, outreach programs and by presenting awards in recognition of outstanding accomplishments (the best and worst) by and about women in the movies.
For additional information about AWFJ, contact Jennifer Merin at AWFJinc@gmail.com.