AWFJ’s Men We Love Awards 2008
In celebration of Valentine’s Day, the Alliance of Women Film Journalists presents its first-ever bouquet of Men We Love Awards.
We’ve polled our members and, this year, were honoring twelve outstanding male colleagues who have shown consistent appreciation and respect for our organization, and helped us to reach our goals during the past year.
In turn, we wish to show them our appreciation by shouting out “We Love You” to (in alphabetical order):
- Jay Andrew Allen, for his invaluable assistance in establishing our website (and helping us bounce back from the occasional crash or two).
- Jurgen Fauth, who has offered endless hours of expertise in the creation of www.AWFJ.org, and covers us consistently in his own writings at WorldFilm.About.com and JurgenFauth.com.
- Jonathan Gray, Esq., for his savvy legal (and other) advice as one of our earliest volunteers on our Board of Advisors.
- Dave Kehr, who hosted a wonderfully stimulating and meaningful web discussion on DaveKehr.com regarding the AWFJ Top 100 Films list.
- Glenn Kenny, who has not only covered our events, but also served up serious (and, yes, sometimes funny) reflections about AWFJ at Premiere.com.
- Peter Neilhaus, who stimulated links to our Web site, with his citations of our work on his own site, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee and More Coffee.
- Tom O’Neil, for opening “The Envelope” to our organization. always with respect, appreciation and enthusiasm.
- Richard Pena, who joined our Board of Advisors with unquestioning support.
- David Poland, for spreading the word on Movie City News that AWFJ exists and matters, and for his honesty and directness in sharing his opinions with us.
- Paul Power, for honoring AWFJ with inclusion in Museum of Modern Art Film Department events and proudly announcing to the world the appointment of MoMA Associate Film Curator Sally Berger to our Board of Advisors.
- Chuck Tryon, an assistant professor of film and media at Fayetteville State University whom weve never met, but who discovered AWFJ and has linked to our Website periodically from his The Chutry Experiment, delivering big boosts to our online stats.
- Stu VanAirsdale, whose consistent acknowledgments in The Reeler.com have been as delightful as his faithful presence at our events.
Additionally, we praise these men for consistently showing respect to and demonstrating their appreciation for women who make films and for women who write about them. We thank them. We salute them. We want them to know we love them.
The Alliance of Women Film Journalists, a nonprofit international association of 41 professional female movie critics, reporters and feature writers working in print, broadcast and online media, was incorporated in 2006. Our mandate is to recognize, support and raise consciousness about women working in the film industry–in front of and behind the cameras, and writing about film and the film industry–through coverage on our Web site at www.awfj.org, the presentation of awards for outstanding achievements, and through outreach programs.
For further information, please contact Jennifer Merin, President, Alliance of Women Film Journalists, AWFJinc@gmail.com.
One thought on “AWFJ’s Men We Love Awards 2008”
Pingback: The Chutry Experiment » Mutual Appreciation Blogging
Comments are closed.