AWFJ highlights films made by and about women:
Wedneday, January 28
- Blessed Is the Match: the Life and Death of Hannah Senesh – Balcony Releasing, (NY, limited) – Director Roberta Grossman’s brlliant documentary about Hannah Senesh, the young Israeli who risked her life to save Hungarian Jews from the Nazi death camps during World War II.
Friday, January 30
- The Class (Entre Les Murs) – Sony Classics, 128 mins., NY, LA – Oscar nominee for Best Foreign Language Film
- Medicine for Melancholy – IFC Films, 88 mins., NY
- New in Town – Lionsgate, 96 mins.
- Of Time and the City – Strand Releasing, 72 mins. limited LA
- Shadows – Mitropoulos Films, limited NY
- Taken – 20th Century Fox – 94 mins.
- The Uninvited – DreamWorks, 87 mins.