0 Flares 0 Flares ×
AWFJ highlights films made by and about women:
Friday, March 13
- Brothers at War – Samuel Goldwyn, 110 mins., limited
- The Cake Eaters – 7/57 Releasing – Mary Stuart Masterson’s small town drama about two families coming to grips with the trauma of change in their lives, starring Melissa Leo among others.
- The Edge of Love – Capital Films, 111 mins.,NY, LA – Based loosely on the life of poet Dylan Thomas and his love affairs with two women (Kiera Knightly and Sienna Miller)
- The Last House on the Left – Rogue Pictures
- Miss March – Fox Atomic, 89 mins. – When a young man awakens from a four-year coma to discover his high-school sweetheart has become a nude centerfold in a men’s magazine, he and a sex-crazed buddy drive across the country to crash a party at the magazine’s headquarters and reclaim her. Need we say more?
- Race to Witch Mountain – Walt Disney Pictures
- Shuttle – Magnet Releasing, Truly Indie, limited Boston, Seattle, Chicago
- Sunshine Cleaning – Overture Films, 102 mins. – Directed by Christine Jeffs. A single mom (Amy Adams) and her slacker sister (Emily Blunt) find an unexpected way to turn their lives around.
- Tokyo Sonata – Regent Releasing, 119 mins.
- Carmen and Geoffrey – First Run Features, 80 mins., limited – directed by Linda Atkinson