It’s time for AWFJ to exercise our bragging rights! We’re proud to report that AWFJ members have been making news, and congratulations are in order:
- Anne Thompson has officially repostioned her “Thompson on Hollywood” blog from Variety to IndieWire
- Nell Minow is profiled in The Washington Post
- Nikki Finke has sold her Deadline Hollywood blog for millions, and continues to helm it
- Michelle Orange has signed on as guest film critic for Movieline.com
- Jennifer Merin has signed on as film critic and commentator for Women’s eNews
Additionally, AWFJ is the first critics group to sign a syndication deal for the distribution of our members’ writings in media worldwide. We’re particularly proud of our first sale under the syndication deal: MaryAnn Johanson’s interview with Shohreh Aghdashloo regarding “The Stoning of Soraya M.” is set for publication in the United Arab Emirates (yes!), and several other countries. The interview is also published here, in AWFJ Women on Film at www.awfj.org.
We figure we’re entitled to exercise bragging rights on the right occasion, and this seems like one of those.
Thanks for your support of the Alliance of Women Film Journalists. We look forward to working with you and sharing more good news with you in the future.