AWFJ Women On Film – Releasing January 6 and 8, 2010
AWFJ highlights films made by and about women:
Wednesday, January 6
- Garbage Dreams – Iskander Films, 79 mins, limited NY – Mai Iskander’s documentary follows three teenager boys who make their living recycling Cairo’s garbage
- Sweetgrass – Cinema Guild, 101 mins., limited NY, with national roll out to follow – Ilisa Barbash co-directs this documentary about a group of aging shepherds who wrangle their sheep through Montana’s remote and rugged Beartooth Mountains on a final drive during summer of 2003.
Friday, January 8
- Leap Year – Universal – Deborah Kaplan co-wrote this romantic comedy in which Amy Adams stars as an American women determined to invoke the Irish tradition of women asking men to marry them on Leap Year Day to get her beau to the altar.
- Daybreakers – Lionsgate, 89 mins.
- Youth in Revolt – Weinstein/Dimension, 90 mins.
- Crazy on the Outside – Freestyle Releasing
- Bitch Slap – Freestyle Releasing, limited – Tough female characters in a knockoff sexploitation satire.
- Pyaar Impossible – Yash Raj Films, limited – Anvita Dutt Guptan wrote the lyrics for this Bollywood romcom.
- Wonderful World – Magnolia Pictures, 95 mins., limited
- Waiting for Armageddon – First Run Features, limited – Kate Davis co-directs this documentary about fundamentalists who believe the End of Days is in the near future.