AWFJ Women On Film – Releasing January 20 and 22, 2010
AWFJ highlights films made by and about women:
Wednesday, January 20
- House of Numbers – Rocky Mountain Pictures, 90 mins., limited (Portland)
Friday, January 22
- Creation – Newmarker Films, 108 mins., (limited) – After the death of their daughter, Charles Darwin and his wife, Emma, are forced to face the differences between his scientific views and her religious beliefs. Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany star.
- Drool – Strand Releasing, 82 mins., limited LA – Written and directed by Nancy Kissam, this comedy centers around an abused wife’s plan to escape her husband/ When accidentally kills him, she takes off on cross-country drive with her best friend and his corpse in tow.
- Extraordinary Measures – CBS Films, 105 mins. – Based on Geeta Anand’s book, “The Cure: How a Father Raised $100 Million – And Bucked the Medical Establishment in a Quest to Save His Children,”, this inspiring truth-based drama is about a couple who raise money to find a cure for their kids’ rare genetic disorder.
- The Girl on the Train – Strand Releasing, 105 mins., limited NY, with LA release scheduled for February 19) – Odile Barski co-wrote the script for this French drama about a young woman who claims she was the target of an anti-Semetic attack and the subsequent media sensation it creates.
- Legion – Sony Pictures Classics, 100 mins.
- The Paranoids – Oscilloscope, 105 mins., limiterd NY
- Soundtrack for a Revolution – Freedom Song Productions, 82 mins., limited NY
- To Save a Life – Samuel Goldwyn, limited
- Tooth Fairy – 20th century Fox, 101 mins.