AWFJ highlights films made by and about women:
Wednesday, February 3
- Ajami – Kino International, 120 mins., limited NY
Friday, February, 5
From Paris With Love – Lionsgate, 98 mins. – In this spies-as-vigilantes-against-the-terrorists thriller, Kasia Smutniak is the lone female lead — and she’s the bad guy. Surprising from producer Luc Besson, who often features strong and positive female characters in his films.
- Dear John – Sony/Screen Gems, 105 mins.
- District B13 – Ultimatum (limited) Magnolia Pictures/magnet 101 mins
- The Red Riding Trilogy: 1974 – IFC Films , 102 mins., limited
- The Red Riding Trilogy: 1980 – IFC Films, 93 mins.. limited
- The Red Riding Trilogy: 1983 – IFC Films, 100 mins., limited
- Terribly Happy – Oscilloscope Pictures, 90 mins., limited – Danish cop drama co-written by Dunja Gry Jensen.
- Shinjuku Incident – Barking Cow Distribution, 120 mins., limited